audited financial statements
Financial Services Authority Act, 2013
Financial Services Authority (FSA)
Date of Incorporation:
1st August, 2011
Established under the Financial Services Authority Act, 2013
The Minister responsible for Finance
Ownership: 100% GoS
Regulator for non-bank financial services in the Seychelles
While the SIBA, in the past, was also a service provider and facilitated international business, the FSA now represents an evolution in international financial services in Seychelles.
In that the new institution will concentrate solely on regulatory matters.
The Authority is responsible for the licensing, supervision and development of the non-bank financial services industry of the Seychelles.
The Authority is also responsible for the registration of International Business Companies, Foundations, Limited Partnerships and International Trusts in the Seychelles.
Its function is to:
• to monitor, supervise and co-ordinate the conduct of international business activities from within Seychelles
• to compile and disseminate information on Seychelles as a centre for international business activities
• to carry out the function of an Authority or Registrar under or for the purpose of any written law
• where it is required under or in connection with any written law for the purpose of which it has been designated as the Authority, to provide such infrastructural and ancillary facilities as are necessary for the purposes of the written laws
• to ensure the international business activities are transacted in conformity with the laws of Seychelles and established norms of goods and honorable conduct and to preserve and maintain the good repute of Seychelles as a centre for international business activities
• to advise the Government generally on matter relating to international business activities